Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Life Changes

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I moved into my rig on May 5, 2015. I had to empty a 6 x 5’ building, sell it, the contents, a deck and steps, a small refrigerator, two desks and an office chair. I kept anything to do with my sewing, computer, personal stuff and food….  That was the time to be brutal honest and ask myself “will you ever use this?”

So my life will change and so will this blog, I am on the move again as a solo. My daughter is now north of Atlanta, GA. Mom, who we moved from Higginsville, Missouri to Ft Worth in January 2014, passed away March 30th. She celebrated her 99th birthday on December 28, 2014. Consequently, I’ve lost most of my ties to the Midwest.
   

I am moving further east with the final destination somewhere in Florida for the winter. I loved the Texas Gulf Coast but I also love exploring.  I hitched the fifth wheel, yesterday, August 3rd, headed out on a new adventure. 

When I arrived at the Palms RV Park in October 2010, I had a 24’ travel trailer, a Chevy Silverado 1500 with a camper cap. The travel trailer was somewhat hard to hook up by myself. The camper cap was full of stuff. I had it for two years and traveled from the Kansas City, MO area to Sioux Falls, SD, spent the summer in Hot Springs, AR and back to KC. Then enjoyed my first southern winter at the Palms RV Park in Aransas Pass, Texas on the Gulf Coast.

The second year I spent most of the summer in Mitchell, South Dakota. On my way back to the Palms, I visited with my daughter who was in Omaha and Mom in Higginsville. My second winter was again spent at the Palms on the Texas Gulf Coast.

Between the storage in the travel trailer and the camper cap on the truck,  with also the light weight of a 24’ travel trailer, I was able to pack along a lot of “stuff”….. Since Walt and I got together in January 2013, I sold the travel trailer and bought a 31’ fifth wheel. It weighs more and of course I had to sell the camper cap. I can pull it with the Silverado but not with all the “stuff”. (It was with this truck and fifth wheel that we traveled over 16,000 miles from Aransas Pass, Texas to New Brunswick, Canada in 2013. On our way back to Texas we visited friends and family by going through New York, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma.

At any rate, for us to take the trip to Canada with this combo of lightweight pickup and heavier fifth wheel my “stuff” had to go somewhere. Therefore, the reason for the purchase and set up of the 6 x 5’ building. Which has now been cleared out, and the stuff has been sold, donated or thrown away. (If you'd like a laugh watch: George Carlin’s Stuff  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x_QkGPCL18 or search for: George Carlin's Stuff)

I am in Bryan, Texas today, next door to College Station. Home of theTexas A&M University, George Bush Presidential Library and several museums. The towns are known as Bryan-College Station. I get to do the tourist thing. Next week I will head to Noncontagious, Texas (the oldest town in Texas) and spend another week.  


Hopefully, life goes on and when one door closes, an better opportunity comes along.

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker Priest

If you're being run out of town, get in front of the crowd and make it look like a parade. ~Author Unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment